empire-dev mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Call for planning of new release
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:07:02 GMT

> Surely we need to provide distribution files for download - one for the core the other
for he Struts2 extensions. What exactly do we provide in the files and should we still run
on different version numbers for core and Struts2?

Personally I don't see a reason to keep those two apart. A megabyte
more or less download is no big deal these days. Releasing everything
at once takes less time and it is simpler for upgrading as you don't
have to see what version of this matches with what version of that...
Again I'm pointing to the wicket distribution as an example:
http://apache.belnet.be/wicket/1.4-rc2/

> After we have assembled the distribution files, we have to provide the files for voting.
>
> If the vote succeeds we want to register and upload the distribution in the central maven
repo.
> Anything else to consider and who is volunteering to do what?

I don't think we can release to the central repo as we are in
incubation. The incubator has it's own repository for releases where
we can push our releases to. I'll try to make some time later this
week or this weekend for getting acquainted with the actual release
procedure and configuration.

If everybody could try this and see what changes need to be made to
the assembly:
mvn clean install assembly:assembly

result in target/dist

license files, the pdf manual and other files seem to be missing, we
need to check all files for missing headers as well, how has this been
taken care of for the previous release?

Regards,

Francis

--