empire-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject AW: using Maven
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:06:10 GMT
Hi Francis,

thanks for your tips.

The procedure you described has several disadvantages for me. At the moment it seem as if
I could only checkout the whole maven branch - otherwise it won't build. But instead of having
the individual projects I have the whole maven directory treated as one project in the Package
explorer (which of course it isn't). Following your advice I used "import existing projects
into workspace" for empire-db and empire-db-example. Then of course I have the sources appear
twice, first under their project node and second under the maven node - which is not really
a problem but not nice either.
I tried to run the SampleApp but it could not find the configuration file.
Also when synchronizing with svn it shows me a number of files it wants to add to the repository
- like , the classpath file, the project file and everything under target. These files and
folders should probably be added to svn ignore.

What I dislike most, is that I have to check out the root into my workspace and then use "import
existing projects into workspace". Isn't there a more convenient way to do it?

I am currently working on a project for a customer for which I have to use Maven.
I can check out the project into the workspace, call mvn eclipse:eclipse, use refresh and
then run the project.
This is a very convenient way, and I would like to have something similar for Empire-db. But
this project has no eclipse project dependencies.

I really don't mind calling one or two maven command from the command line, but I don't like
to move files around (as with import project into workspace etc.).
For Jörg it seems to work, but without the appropriate command in the SVN repository view
(which I still could not manage to have it appear) it's very inconvenient to use.
I would be happy if I could check out the individual projects directly and run the maven eclipse:eclipse
command.

I am sorry for being so late with my criticism - I really should have evaluated it earlier.

Rainer