empire-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject using Maven
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:13:19 GMT
Hi Franics,

Being a Maven newbe I wonder whether you could give me some advice on how to use it.

I have both Maven and the Maven Eclipse Plugin installed but unlike Jörg I don't have the
Option to "Check out as Maven project" within the SVN Repository View (for some reason).

Now if I check out the entire maven branch into my workspace and call "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
it reports "build successful".

However in the Package Explorer I only have the maven node with its subnodes but none of them
is marked as a project. Thus I cannot compile or run anything. I also have a bin and a target
folder but there's not much in there.

If I only check out an example project (e.g. the empire-db-example) and call mvn eclipse:eclipse
I get the following error:
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent: org.apache
.empire-db:empire-db-examples for project: org.apache.empire-db:empire-db-exampl
e:jar:2.0.5-SNAPSHOT for project org.apache.empire-db:empire-db-example:jar:2.0.
5-SNAPSHOT

So what is the recommended way for checking the files out and running the examples?

Rainer