empire-dev mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: again Maven
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:14:49 GMT
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> first of all I am astonished that you always reply within minutes.
> I hope that sitting in front of your computer answering my (stupid) questions is not
your only activity in life.
> If so, let me tell you that there is more to life than computers and that you should
sometimes really go out and have a beer or two :-)

hehe, I've had my part of beer drinking this weekend :-) don't worry
it's just that I'm working on an other project of mine and I happen to
be at my desk right now...

> Back to business.
> 1. The MANIFEST.MF does not seem to get recreated, so forget about it for now.
> 2. IMO the config.xml should always be in the file system. It makes no sense to hide
it inside a jar. I think even logically it belongs exactly where the readme.txt and the tutorial.pdf
belong. And there is no doubt that we must be able to debug the app without fiddling around
with program arguments. And besides that I always plead for "comfort over convention".

well I understand your view on the subject. I'll put it in the module
root when we move to maven layout

> 3. Thanks for the mvnrepository link. I tried so hard but could not find it on the Maven
site (http://maven.apache.org). Strange isn't it?

there are other sites to find artifacts but that one is best, it tends
to go down from time to time though

> One more question for you though.
> I want to debug the HSQLDB JDBC driver code.
> So in Eclipse I opened the "Maven dependencies" node, right-clicked on hsqldb-1.8.0.7
and picked Maven->Download sources.
> Unfortunately nothing happened (not even an error message).
> How can I obtain the sources for HSQLDB-1.8.0.7?

not all artifacts have sources/javadoc available in the central repo,
you can just download them from the site of the project and attach
them to the lib as you do normally in eclipse

or you can browse the repo and look for a version that has sources
like this one:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/hsqldb/hsqldb/1.8.0.1/

--
http://www.somatik.be