empire-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven support for the upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:39:18 GMT
The best way to adopt maven is to adopt its best practices, which
include shuffling around directories, you and your users will thank
you for that. Any bad experience with maven is 99% of the cases
someone fighting maven instead of embracing it.

Martijn

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> one more thing before you start: It would be good if the project structure as it is currently
in Subversion would not change and if the Ant scripts would still work.

> IMO the projects structure should be suitable since it is similar to most Apache projects.
As you have probably already seen, we have two distribution packages which are in the trunk:
core (Empire-db) and struts2-ext (Empire-Struts2-ext). We are currently preparing our distributions
using the buildRelease.xml Ant Scripts.

> If there is anything major that would mix up the whole project layout I would appreciate
if you could give us a brief explanation about what needs to be done and what the effects
would be.

> Regards
> Rainer

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released