empire-dev mailing list archives

From "Francis De Brabandere" <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Empire-db and Empire-Struts2-ext distribution with Maven support
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:54:41 GMT
Rainer,

I'm still not sure we are talking about the same things as you keep
mentioning the 'distribution'... In the maven world your distribution
is uploading artifacts to a maven repository. So for maven users you
want to set up that repository. There is no need to change anything in
the current distribution layout/files. I would only create a pom file
for each artifact and upload that that together with the jar, src jar
and doc jar to a repository. (this will however take time on every
release and we want to keep this period short and go to step 2 [full
maven build] as fast as possible)

The only remaining thing I need here is the *direct* dependencies for
the struts2 ext.

[step 2]
Now if we talk about the source repo (subversion) and you want to
migrate the project to maven the repository should be restructured
(like wicket). As an option you may want to keep the ant build
available (update the build.xml). Once this is taken care of we can
define the "distribution" in the maven build and from then on maven
will generate the distribution file (that can be used by non-maven
users).
see this file for an example distribution configuration:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/wicket-assembly-all.xml

I hope I made myself clear this time :-)

Regards,

Francis

CXF (http://cxf.apache.org/download.html)

--