empire-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Re: Maven support for the upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:27:46 GMT
Dear Francis,

like Jörg has already explained to you we have by mistake not properly followed the Apache
guidelines for new committers and one of our mentors has informed us that we cannot get you
on this way.

This is largely my fault and I want to apologize for that. There are so many documents to
read and understand and it seems that Jörg and I have been a bit too optimistic about the
requirements.

If you are still interested we would still try to get you on as one of our committers but
we have to get it right this time. This involves an internal (private) proposal, a vote and
the information of the Incubator PMC. I would expect this to take another couple of weeks
time.
BTW: Have you already have filled out and submitted your Contributor license agreement (ICLA)?
If so good, it was not in vain.

In the meantime you can, if you want, reorganize and extend the current distribution for Maven
and send the result to me. We will modify our current build files to accommodate the changes.
I will give you an update about the empire-struts2-ext dependencies tomorrow.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Rainer