empire-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: permission denied for svn up on website
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 07:28:26 GMT
No, Martijn has not set his umask to 002 and the directory had no group
write bit.

You are still able to move or delete the directory. Do a

umask 002
mv empiredb empiredb.old
svn checkout ...

and you should be good.

	Ciao
		Henning

Jörg Reiher schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to update the website and couldn't "up" it...
>

> What I did:
>
> -          Logged in on people.apache.org via putty with my user name, pwd
>
> -          cd /www/incubator.apache.org/empiredb
>
> -          svn up
>
> è svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied
>

> Did I miss something or haven't I got the rights to do this step?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> jörg

> Jörg Reiher
> Softwareentwickler
> Tel.   +49 7531 / 45716-14
> E-Mail: reiher@esteam.de <mailto:reiher@esteam.de>
>
> ESTEAM Software GmbH
> Blarerstraße 56
> D-78462 Konstanz
>
> Geschäftsführer: David Matthew Bond, Rainer Döbele
> Sitz: Konstanz, Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 381845
> Internet: www.esteam.de <http://www.esteam.de/>

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine

	  "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."