edgent-dev mailing list archives

From arun subba <arun...@live.com>
Subject why isn't the filtering working?
Date Sun, 27 May 2018 07:40:46 GMT
[cid:2fdbea19-7190-445c-86fe-c21253206e6c]

Hi,

    I am trying to implement Apache Edgent in my project but before that I ran into a problem.
The basic objective up till now is to filter the readings of temperature sensor, but unfortunately
I could not understand the error that I am getting. I have been following the Apache Edgent
Documentation but does not help my queries. The code is as follows:

static double OPTIMAL_TEMP_LOW = 80.0;
    static double OPTIMAL_TEMP_HIGH = 85.0;
    static Range<Double> optimalTempRange = Ranges.closed(OPTIMAL_TEMP_LOW, OPTIMAL_TEMP_HIGH);

        TempSensor sensor = new TempSensor();
        DirectProvider dp = new DirectProvider();
        Topology topology = dp.newTopology();

        TStream<Double> tempReadings = topology.poll(sensor, 1, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS).filter(tuple
->
                !optimalTempRange.contains(tuple));
 tempReadings.sink(tuple -> System.out.println("Temperature is out of range! "
        + "It is " + tuple + "\u00b0F!"));
 tempReadings.print();

        dp.submit(topology);
}

This program outputs the above figure with no Message. Why is it so?