edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Any progress on the Kafka modularization?
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 07:57:01 GMT
Hi,

as I am recovering from my house-building and moving workload, I just wanted to catch up with
the others.

There was an initiative to add annotations to some of the Kafka features. And to utilize some
of the new Kafka Features introduced in newer Kafka versions.
What’s the status on this? Vino? You had any luck with this?
I would suggest that we annotate all new Kafka methods with the version of Kafka they were
introduced in and leave all the old ones the way they are. Without any annotations the constraint
checker will not kick in (one we have it). Unless however there are features removed (but
I think this wasn’t the case) … then we would have to annotate them with the final version
supporting that particular feature.

Another thing we were discussing, was refactoring the names of the Watson iot platform connector.
I am currently trying to motivate some of my colleagues to implement connectors for Google
IoT and the Amazon IoT Platforms (Eventually even Siemens Mindsphere) … for these modules
I would prefer some sort of naming convention that supports more than one singular platform.
I would like to name it “iot-ibm” or “iot- watson” or even “iot-ibm-watson”.
What do you think?

Chris