edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [discuss] What about splitting the kafka Connector into kafka 0.8 and 0.9?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 09:43:12 GMT
Geeee ...

I just noticed that my last commit broke the build and no one complained for 23 days (
I Just fixed that (hopefully) ...

Chris

´╗┐Am 20.03.18, 10:33 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Ok,

    So I just added a new Annotation type to the Kafka module.

    org.apache.edgent.connectors.kafka.annotations.KafkaVersion

    It has a fromVersion and a toVersion attribute. Both should be optional so just adding
the annotation would have no effect (besides a few additional CPU operations). The annotation
can be applied to methods or classes (every method then inherits this). I hope that's ok,
because implementing this on a parameter Level would make things extremely difficult.

    @vino yang With this you should be able to provide Kafka version constraints to your code
changes. Just tell me if something's missing or needs to be done differently

    For now this annotation will have no effect as I haven't implemented the Aspect for doing
the checks, but I'll start working on that as soon as you have annotated something.

    Chris