edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [discuss] What about splitting the kafka Connector into kafka 0.8 and 0.9?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:32:43 GMT
Ok,

So I just added a new Annotation type to the Kafka module.

org.apache.edgent.connectors.kafka.annotations.KafkaVersion

It has a fromVersion and a toVersion attribute. Both should be optional so just adding the
annotation would have no effect (besides a few additional CPU operations). The annotation
can be applied to methods or classes (every method then inherits this). I hope that's ok,
because implementing this on a parameter Level would make things extremely difficult.

@vino yang With this you should be able to provide Kafka version constraints to your code
changes. Just tell me if something's missing or needs to be done differently

For now this annotation will have no effect as I haven't implemented the Aspect for doing
the checks, but I'll start working on that as soon as you have annotated something.

Chris