edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject TAC Applications for Apache Con North America 2018 in Montreal now open
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2018 23:27:27 GMT
Hi all,

most of you probably got the email from Gavin on the committers list, but I’ll just mention
this here as not all on this list are committers.

We will be having an ApacheCon in Montreal this September. This is a great opportunity to
meet other people from the project and great people from other projects. As Apache believes
these conferences are important, TAC (Travel Assistance Committee) helps sponsor those people
who otherwise couldn’t afford the trip. If you apply for TAC and get accepted, Apache takes
care of the flight, accommodation, conference fees, …

My first trip to an ApacheCon was through TAC and it had changed my life … ok and it got
me totally addicted with Apache and since then I have no unused free time any more. Last ApacheCon
I heard of this interesting new project “Edgent” … well guess you know where at least
some of that time went since then ;-)

Well if you can afford the trip and/or your company even covers your trip, it would be super
awesome to meet some of you guys in Canada this September. I am totally planning on going
there.

Chris

PS: Here the original email:

Hi Committers!

The Travel Assistance Committee (TAC) are pleased to announce that travel assistance applications
for ApacheCon NA 2018 are now open!

We will be supporting ApacheCon NA Montreal, Canada on 24th - 29th September 2018

 TAC exists to help those that would like to attend ApacheCon events, but are unable to do
so for financial reasons.
For more info on this years applications and qualifying criteria, please visit the TAC website
at < http://www.apache.org/travel/ >. Applications opened today and will close around
the 1st May.

Important: Applications close on May 1st, 2018. Applicants have until the closing date above
to submit their applications (which should contain as much supporting material as required
to efficiently and accurately process their request), this will enable TAC to announce successful
awards shortly afterwards.

As usual, TAC expects to deal with a range of applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We therefore encourage (as always) anyone thinking about sending in an application to do so
ASAP.
We look forward to greeting many of you in Montreal

Kind Regards,
Gavin - (On behalf of the Travel Assistance Committee)