edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: reproducible release process
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 05:53:44 GMT
Hi Dale,

Sorry für the late response.
Yes you are correct. Naveen doesn't provide any means for the merging. I did use the simple
 commands you did without any fast forward. Don't know if Apache's git would have accepted
that anyway.

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

Von: Dale LaBossiere
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Januar, 19:50
Betreff: Re: reproducible release process
An: dev@edgent.apache.org

Now that release:perform worked… Assuming the RC vote passes and the nexus staging repository
is “closed”... It looks like the maven-release-plugin doesn’t provide any merging of
the release to appropriate locations. What were the exact cmds you used to merge the release
to master, to create: commit 1832130 Merge tag ‘edgent-1.2.0’ git checkout master git
pull # ensure master is up to date git merge edgent-1.2.0 -m “Merge tag 'edgent-1.2.0’”
# did you use —ff-only? should we / not? — Dale