edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reproducible release process
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:11:32 GMT
Hi Chris,

Regarding EDGENT-440 and the numerous undesired staged artifacts,

When you manually deleted some staged artifacts (presumably via the browser UI?), did you
also have to update the metadata files or such?

A while ago you mentioned creating a script/tool to automate this cleanup (in preference to
trying to do more pom/config wacking).  What were your thoughts on that?  Any pointers, etc?

Thanks,
— Dale

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 12:53 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> Sorry für the late response.
> Yes you are correct. Naveen doesn't provide any means for the merging. I did use the
simple  commands you did without any fast forward. Don't know if Apache's git would have accepted
that anyway.

> Chris
>
> Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

repository is “closed”... It looks like the maven-release-plugin doesn’t provide any
merging of the release to appropriate locations. What were the exact cmds you used to merge
the release to master, to create: commit 1832130 Merge tag ‘edgent-1.2.0’ git checkout
master git pull # ensure master is up to date git merge edgent-1.2.0 -m “Merge tag 'edgent-1.2.0’”
# did you use —ff-only? should we / not? — Dale