edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: reproducible release process
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:58:20 GMT
Hi Dale,

I took the question over to the maven users list. Hopefully they'll come up with a different
solution. Still not that comfortable with the deletion (manual or not).

Also I bumped the Apache parent version, as a new version was released a few days ago. Feel
free to merge the pull request (just starting to get used to that workflow)

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

________________________________
From: Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:11:32 PM
To: dev@edgent.apache.org
Subject: Re: reproducible release process

Hi Chris,

Regarding EDGENT-440 and the numerous undesired staged artifacts,

When you manually deleted some staged artifacts (presumably via the browser UI?), did you
also have to update the metadata files or such?

A while ago you mentioned creating a script/tool to automate this cleanup (in preference to
trying to do more pom/config wacking).  What were your thoughts on that?  Any pointers, etc?

Thanks,
— Dale

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 12:53 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> Sorry für the late response.
> Yes you are correct. Naveen doesn't provide any means for the merging. I did use the
simple  commands you did without any fast forward. Don't know if Apache's git would have accepted
that anyway.

> Chris
>
> Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

repository is “closed”... It looks like the maven-release-plugin doesn’t provide any
merging of the release to appropriate locations. What were the exact cmds you used to merge
the release to master, to create: commit 1832130 Merge tag ‘edgent-1.2.0’ git checkout
master git pull # ensure master is up to date git merge edgent-1.2.0 -m “Merge tag 'edgent-1.2.0’”
# did you use —ff-only? should we / not? — Dale