edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYI: I'm adding "don't deploy" to edgent-test* projects
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 21:03:37 GMT
> On Dec 11, 2017, at 3:15 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> One thing I have lernt in the last 8 years of using machen, it was: "If it's dificult
with maven you're doing it wrong.

I don’t fully buy into that but I understand what you’re saying :-)

Looking into the test-jar deploy issue, I see the maven-deploy-plugin lacks the necessary
configurability to achieve omitting the test-jar artifacts. As noted in [1], the solution
is to not create test-jars. However, edgent-parent/pom.xml includes config to generate test-jars
as they’re needed by the (retrolambda hackery? :-) for j7 test-class generation.

Don’t know if there's some other (sensible/maven) way to achieve generating j7 test-classes
w/o j8 test-jars.  But I’m willing to surrender on that if creating a script to achieve
the effect isn’t a problem - just sad that it will be a separate manual step :-)  I ask
that we work to create that script pretty soon so we have a “working” release process
for the next release.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8246136/maven-deploy-not-to-upload-test-jar <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8246136/maven-deploy-not-to-upload-test-jar>
— Dale