edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent (Incubating) 1.2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 15:11:34 GMT
Hi Dale,

I was able to use the script to download and check the release candidate in SVN … also I
was able to build Edgent with all tests enabled.

Chris

Am 06.12.17, 15:26 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    Seems my mail hadn’t updated before I sent this reply.  I see you’ve done some things
regarding the nexus content, so ignore that part of the following until I get up to date :-)

    > On Dec 6, 2017, at 9:23 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > I’m sure I followed some Apache “release” doc to add to KEYS - it was a long
time ago.  I’ll track it down and fwd it.

    > It would seem natural for the maven-release-plugin, if that generally supports the
Apache release flows,
    > to support it, no? Or maybe there’s an additional plugin for that?
    > I’ll also poke around, or query, some other projects to see how they’ve dealt
with updating this SVN repo.
    > If all else fails, I’ll update our tooling in buildTools so it works in our new
context.

    > Re the VOTE, I suggest we just extend it until we know better where the Nexus repo
contents stand.

    > On that note, what about my questions/observations on the nexus content?
    >
    > — Dale
    >
    >> On Dec 5, 2017, at 5:17 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

    >> Looking a little into this, I think I could manually check in the archive to
SVN this time.
    >> The problem is, that I would probably have to add my key to the KEYS file at:
    >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/edgent/KEYS
    >>
    >> is it ok for me to just add it? Don’t even know if I could … and especially
how to do that … Dale, as you are the only one listed in that file, how did you get your
key added?

    >> Chris
    >>

    >> Am 05.12.17, 22:43 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
    >>
    >>   I might have found a little problem …
    >>
    >>   We set the final name and when we build the assembly produces a file called:
apache-edgent-1.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
    >>   Unfortunately, as soon as it is deployed to nexus Maven seems to override the
name and it is available as: edgent-parent-1.2.0-source-release.zip

    >>   I don’t quite know how we can avoid this … how do other maven-built projects
handle this problem? We could manually upload the source-bundles, built by the build to a
non-Maven controlled location and vote on that.

    >>   What do you think?
    >>
    >>   Or would it be enough to vote on the bundles in Nexus and as soon as we upload
the released bundles, we rename them and copy them to the dist section?