edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] validating Apache Edgent (Incubating) 1.2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 22:55:14 GMT
Agreed on all points regarding the zip.

Since you offered, I updated the scripts to require it and the sha512 noted below :-)
The verification includes verifying the tar.gz and zip contents are the same.

On another topic, [1] says the suffix MUST be sha512 for a SHA 512 sum (which in fact is what
the file contains)
    apache-edgent-1.2.0-incubating-source-release.tar.gz.sha1

So that needs be changed in the staging area in addition to staging the zip and its sums/sig.

Thanks!
— Dale

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 2:35 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> I just had a look at what the script was looking for. If releasing tar and zip i think
we would have to do the checking for both types. I can add the other zip easily. But in that
Case i would suggest adding that to the script and add one check to make sure the content
is identical. Would be good If we could be sure we need to detail-check only one.
> From: Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com>
> -Papache-release also generates a zip.  I had expected we’d be releasing that too but
it isn’t staged.
> At this time I’m fine if we just continue 1.2.0 with only the tar.gz but if you also
want to stage the zip that's fine too.

> I just need to know which way we’re going because I need to adjust the “downloads”
website page accordingly.