edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] validating Apache Edgent (Incubating) 1.2.0 RC1
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 00:39:04 GMT
Thanks for the clarifications.

Is there any way to disable the changelog stuff - or some way to run the tests with code coverage
and get aggregated html reports when building from a source release bundle?

Re Nexus, restating just to be sure I understand:  the release process’s “mvn deploy”
(or at least a prior "mvn install”) built and successfully ran the tests on the built jars…
and “deploy” uploads those exact jars to nexus.

I filed JIRA EDGENT-440 for the followup work related to our nexus artifacts.

— Dale

> On Dec 9, 2017, at 4:42 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> the reason for this is that the changelog plugin scans the git commit history to create
a changelog.
> The zip however doesn’t contain this history. Therefore, the changelog plugin is failing.
>
> Regarding the artifacts in Nexus … in maven, if I run “mvn compile” the java classes
are compiled and available in the target/classes directory.
> If you run “mvn package” this content is packaged in a jar. If you run “mvn install”
this jar is then copied to the maven local repo. If you run “mvn deploy” then this jar
is also uploaded to what’s defined in the apache poms (the parent of the Edgent parent):

>  <distributionManagement>
>    <repository>
>      <id>apache.releases.https</id>
>      <name>Apache Release Distribution Repository</name>
>      <url>https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2</url>
>    </repository>
>    <snapshotRepository>
>      <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
>      <name>${distMgmtSnapshotsName}</name>
>      <url>${distMgmtSnapshotsUrl}</url>
>    </snapshotRepository>
>  </distributionManagement>
>
> The “apache-release” profile additionally ensures the jars are signed and the signature,
source, Javadoc and pom are uploaded to nexus.

> So, the jars in Nexus should be equal to the ones in our maven local repo, just with
the version 1.2.0 instead of 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

> Chris
>

> Am 09.12.17, 20:39 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:
>
>    I was able to successfully perform almost all of the validation on the source bundle
that I wanted to:
>    - basically followed the non-RM, non-binary items in [6]
>        downloaded, checked signatures/sums, checked identical tar.gz / zip contents
>        verified LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, RELEASE_NOTES, README
>        build/tested via README
>
>    I will run the manual kafka tests to verify those look good.
>
>    But there are a couple of things...
>
>    - I wanted to review more detailed test result status from my manual release build/test
validation
>     (e.g., what was run / what was skipped as noted in [6]) but  “./mvnw clean install
site:site site:stage”
>     failed, complaining that the source tree wasn’t a git repo.
>
>    - It’s unclear to me if the *exact jar/war bits* staged in nexus have been tested
or not.
>      I suspect they have been tested, hence there’s nothing missing or broken, but
want to verify.  Chris, can you elaborate on that please?