edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent (Incubating) 1.2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 14:23:20 GMT
I’m sure I followed some Apache “release” doc to add to KEYS - it was a long time ago.
 I’ll track it down and fwd it.

It would seem natural for the maven-release-plugin, if that generally supports the Apache
release flows,
to support it, no? Or maybe there’s an additional plugin for that?
I’ll also poke around, or query, some other projects to see how they’ve dealt with updating
this SVN repo.
If all else fails, I’ll update our tooling in buildTools so it works in our new context.

Re the VOTE, I suggest we just extend it until we know better where the Nexus repo contents
stand.

On that note, what about my questions/observations on the nexus content?

— Dale

> On Dec 5, 2017, at 5:17 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Looking a little into this, I think I could manually check in the archive to SVN this
time.
> The problem is, that I would probably have to add my key to the KEYS file at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/edgent/KEYS
>
> is it ok for me to just add it? Don’t even know if I could … and especially how to
do that … Dale, as you are the only one listed in that file, how did you get your key added?

> Chris
>

> Am 05.12.17, 22:43 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:
>
>    I might have found a little problem …
>
>    We set the final name and when we build the assembly produces a file called: apache-edgent-1.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>    Unfortunately, as soon as it is deployed to nexus Maven seems to override the name
and it is available as: edgent-parent-1.2.0-source-release.zip

>    I don’t quite know how we can avoid this … how do other maven-built projects handle
this problem? We could manually upload the source-bundles, built by the build to a non-Maven
controlled location and vote on that.

>    What do you think?
>
>    Or would it be enough to vote on the bundles in Nexus and as soon as we upload the
released bundles, we rename them and copy them to the dist section?