edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Small (memory) footprint specifics
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:38:27 GMT
Hi Otis,

So, I just ran the DevelopmentSample application in JProfiler and it took a minimum of 3,9MB
of heap … This however is neither a very representative Example, but it should demonstrate
that you don’t need a lot of memory to run an Edgent application. I guess it also depends
highly on the type of operations. If you use a lot of Windowed analysis, I would expect the
memory requirements to be a lot higher than when using only pure stream operations that don’t
require keeping events in memory.

Chris