edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Edgent (Incubating) 1.2.0 RC1
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:53:41 GMT
Hi All,

- I downloaded the release archive with the following command
../incubator-edgent/buildTools/download_edgent_asf.sh 1.2.0 1
The script successfully completed without any errors  -> All Ok
- After that I successfully built Edgent using the following command:
./mvnw clean install -P platform-android,platform-java7
-> All Ok

One thing I did notice was that I had to stop working on my machine when building or some
tests would randomly fail with timeouts. We should work on that.

- I didn’t do a validation of the binary distribution as we are not releasing a binary distribution
the way we have in the past. The staged artifacts in Nexus look good to me and we did inspect
them in very big detail in the past few months so I trust they are still good. -> All Ok
- Source Bundle names contain “incubating” -> All Ok
- LICENSE, README, RELEASE_NOTE match -> All Ok
- Rat is automatically run as part of the maven build -> All ok on this side

So, I guess I can vote with a good consciousness:

+1 (binding)

(Am I allowed to vote “binding” on an incubating project PPMC or do only the Incubator
PMCs vote with binding? If this is the case, I vote “non binding” ;-) )

Chris