edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] validating Apache Edgent (Incubating) 1.2.0 RC1
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2017 19:38:53 GMT
I was able to successfully perform almost all of the validation on the source bundle that I
wanted to:
- basically followed the non-RM, non-binary items in [6]
    downloaded, checked signatures/sums, checked identical tar.gz / zip contents
    verified LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, RELEASE_NOTES, README
    build/tested via README

I will run the manual kafka tests to verify those look good.

But there are a couple of things...

- I wanted to review more detailed test result status from my manual release build/test validation
 (e.g., what was run / what was skipped as noted in [6]) but  “./mvnw clean install site:site
site:stage”
 failed, complaining that the source tree wasn’t a git repo.

- It’s unclear to me if the *exact jar/war bits* staged in nexus have been tested or not.
  I suspect they have been tested, hence there’s nothing missing or broken, but want to
verify.  Chris, can you elaborate on that please?
  If they have been tested as part the release process so far, is there a test results and
code coverage reports
  that one can review?

[6] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Staged+RC+Validation <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Staged+RC+Validation>

— Dale