edgent-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating a new git repo for the Edgent project
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 15:40:58 GMT
Well, its not an issue to include samples in the main source.  You can
release it all together.  You can also release it independently, but
typically sample repos aren't released.  Its up to you guys.  I'm of the
opinion that if you have a samples/examples repo it shouldn't get
released.  You may want to tag it for a specific release so that others can
reference it.

By not releasing a sample repo, you can include incompatible dependencies
and not have to worry (just make sure you're being clear about it in the
repo's readme).

If you want, you can also just exclude the samples from the release source.

I've seen projects do all three.

But bottom line, you guys want an incubator-edgent-samples repo, right?

John