edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject confused by network graph - is something amiss?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 23:02:09 GMT
Chris,

I’m confused by what I’m seeing in the network graph on GitHub [1] and wonder if something’s
amiss
in either the way that the feature/maven branch was merged to develop or the config of my
fork’s [4] develop branch or ???

Previously I noted that I had created and merged PR-317 [2] and PR-318 [3] to the develop
branch.

In the graph, the merge of change 31bc375 via PR-317 looks weird.  What did it get merged
to?
I expected to see that “merge Pull Request #317” merge from the black branch to the purple
(presumably “develop”) one… but it isn’t drawn that way. It ends up getting there
via a “Merge remote tracking branch…” commit of your’s (9f75a0f)???

I think the merge of PR-318 looks OK (to the purple/develop branch) but my edgent-393-ranges
task branch didn’t visually branch off the purple/develop branch the way I expected.

For what it’s worth here’s the config of my clone of my fork [4]

@Dales-MacBook-Pro:757> git status
On branch develop
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/develop'.
nothing to commit, working tree clean
@Dales-MacBook-Pro:758> git remote -v
origin  https://github.com/dlaboss/incubator-edgent.git (fetch)
origin  https://github.com/dlaboss/incubator-edgent.git (push)