edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Edgent 1.2.0 (incubating)
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 23:02:13 GMT
Hi Dale,

I think by making develop the default branch in github, this should make things a lot easier.

Chris

Am 06.11.17, 23:41 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    Hi Chris, this is great!

    I just merged PR-318 [1] into develop.  The commits in that PR should be included in the
release.  I’ll stop adding new things - didn’t know you’d be creating the release branch
this soon :-)

    Previously we all used the normal GitHub workflow as noted in DEVELOPMENT.md - essentially
all changes to a project branch, previously we only had master, came about by merging a PR
to it.   Presumably now that means all changes to the “develop” branch should arise from
merging a PR.  That’s what I did with my two post-merge-features/maven-to-develop changes:
PR-317 and PR-318.  Just verifying that we’re all on the same page here going forward.
Related, isn’t there some way to make the PR-creation flow setup the PR to merge to “develop”
by default?

    [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/pull/318 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/pull/318>

    — Dale

    > On Nov 6, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
    > So, you might have noticed, I just bumped the version of develop to 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT
and now there is a “release/1.2” branch. Also, the Multibranch pipeline on Jenkins kicked
in nicely and almost instantly setup a new build job for the release branch. Both the bumped
develop as well as the release branch built nicely.

    > Just tell me, if anything else needs to go in the release. I think we could initiate
the real release in a few days, if you agree.

    > In develop I’m writing a step by step guide about all the steps the how’s and
why’s and will commit that once it’s finished.