edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: develop: missing 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT -> 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT conversions?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 12:05:14 GMT
Hi Dale,

Yes, I decided to do the changes on a feature branch and wait till you came back from your
holidays as I wanted to discuss things with you prior to changing develop.

Also, JQAssistant should be running on all modules. I don’t see any configuration that turns
it off for any project …
I am hoping to implement checks that ensure things that were causing problems will be detected
by this plugin. If you haven’t seen or used jqassistant I would definitely suggest having
a look as it’s an insanely useful tool (After a build you can run “mvn jqassistant:server”
and use the web-ui to do all sorts of queries on the project.

Ok … I’ll reset the version to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT on my feature branch.

I agree … we shouldn’t be releasing the samples. Also I did split them out with the 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT
version. I would however like to convert the “template” into a maven archetype some day
and include that in the main Edgent repo.

What we would need to change in the samples however would be to update the reference version
to Edgent … otherwise it will continue to reference 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT versions which are currently
not updated.

Chris

Am 20.11.17, 19:42 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    Hi Chris,

    > You remember me not being very fond of the variables in the groupIds as I said that
there might be problems in the release … well now we know that for sure ;-)

    Yup. I see you’ve made all (?) the conversions on the feature/pre-release-finetuning
branch.

    I did notice one thing: jqassistant use is present for the J8 and J7 platforms but not
for Android - an oversight?

    > I think it would be a good idea to re-set the version of the develop branch to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
and to manually delete the release branch, fix things and give it another try as soon as we
fixed everything. Otherwise this would be a cherry-picking nightmare.

    Might it be better… instead of resetting the version on the develop branch, reset the
version on the pre-release-finetuning branch? (only one set of wide sweeping changes to look
at)   Then create a PR and merge to “develop”.  Still have to manually delete the release
branch.

    P.S. for the “samples” tree, leave everything as is for now (w/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT) and
figure them out after splitting out to their own repo?
    I think we don’t want to "ASF release” samples, a question/point John raised, so these
changes might not apply to them.

    — Dale