edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven: d3.legend.js mods
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 17:49:37 GMT
Chris,

Sure enough, with the downloaded d3.legend.js the box’d table under “View all oplet properties”
below is messed up - missing or just some tiny square.
Not sure about the COUNTEROP/STREAMSCOPE impact yet.

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ll take a look, a bit later, and see if I can deduce precisely what the mods are
intended to accomplish and how the console looks w/o it.
> I agree it would be great to be able to remove it from the repo.
>
> w/o looking...
> - COUNTEROP and STREAMSCOPE are the little gray squares that show up embedded in the
“stream” connection lines. They’re oplets but as they’re injected by the runtime for
metrics and stream-content viewing they’re presented differently to the user… in a diminished
fashion.
> - the legend title stuff I think corresponds to the pulldown selector for what “view”
to show (at least for "Oplet kind” and “Tuple count”) hence some effect in those views.
>  Or it’s the kind of the boxed-list of content that shows up in the upper left area
depending on the view chosen.
>  Likewise for “Stream Tags” I think.
>
> — Dale
>

>> On Oct 4, 2017, at 5:45 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> Having another look at the code and the running example, it seems as if this conditionally
sets the width of something depending on the title. I did have a look at the running application
and for me the application seems to work nicely.

>> Chris
>>

>> Am 03.10.17, 23:45 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:
>>
>>   Chris,
>>
>>   I see the downloaded d3.legend.js is much smaller than what was in our repo.
>>   I see the repo version has some custom Edgent lines of code in it.  e.g.
>>
>>           return k.startsWith("COUNTEROP”)
>>                || k.startsWith("STREAMSCOPE”);
>>       if (isTupleFlowLegend)
>>       if (legendTitle && legendTitle === "Stream tags") {
>>      } else if (legendTitle && legendTitle === "Oplet kind" || legendTitle
=== "Tuple count"){
>>           .attr("width", legendTitle === "Oplet kind" ? 8 : 10)
>>
>>   Did you do something elsewhere to account for that?
>>

>>> On Oct 3, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Chris, I picked up the d3.legend.js refactoring (7d8a69f <https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/commit/7d8a69f>)
and it causes this error in Eclipse:

>>> Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.googlecode.maven-download-plugin:download-maven-plugin:1.2.1:wget
(execution: get-d3-legend-js, phase: generate-resources)	pom.xml	/edgent-console-servlets
line 125	Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

>>> Also, earlier mods cause the following warnings in Eclipse that would be good
to eliminate:

>>> Access "/Users/dlaboss/git/dutz-incubator-edgent/console/server/../../src/main/appended-resources/licenses"
directory outside of project base directory. (org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.7:resources:default-resources:process-resources)
pom.xml	/edgent-console-server	line 1	Maven Build Participant Problem

>>> Access "/Users/dlaboss/git/dutz-incubator-edgent/console/servlets/../../src/main/appended-resources/licenses"
directory outside of project base directory. (org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.7:resources:default-resources:process-resources)
pom.xml	/edgent-console-servlets	line 1	Maven Build Participant Problem

>>> Duplicating managed version 2.5.3 for maven-assembly-plugin	pom.xml	/edgent-distribution
line 40	Maven pom Loading Problem