edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: maven: j7 and android distribution bundles undesired ext content
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 08:24:25 GMT
Hi Dale,

Great that you found the problems that were causing some troubles with unintentionally included
jars :-)

I invested another few days on finishing the licensing and cleaning it up even more.
While on it I have come across two things:
1) If I specify the inceptionYear in the root pom, the copyright is automatically output as
a timespan in the NOTICE file so there is no need to specify the non-ibm NOTICE version.
2) If I specify a appendedResourcesDirectory, I can add content that is appended to the generated
resources

Therefore I have reomoved all NOTICE and LICENSE files and added just the parts that need
to be appended, if something needs to be appended.
I guess I’ll finisch this tomorrow and then I’ll commit all changes. I guess with this
the build will be greatly simplified and we don’t need to add duplicated files all over
the place.
I also noticed the „platforms“ were missing a lot of the LICENSE and NOTICE files and
I will go through all modules to ensure they are in place with the correct content.

Eventually we’ll finally be able to finish this legal document inferno soon and we can get
back to writing and improving great software :-)

Chris