edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's left to do for Maven migration?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:25:39 GMT

> On Oct 29, 2017, at 6:28 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> So, it seems the legal stuff has been sorted out, the errors in the output have been
resolved and the problems with periodically failing tests have been resolved. From my point
of view, we could start merging things back to origin/develop … what do you think?

Any need/value in doing some “pre-merge” release process stuff to verify as much as is
possible is in place ready to go after merging? Or will that just unnecessarily slow things
down? See related question about “develop” below.

This week I plan on working on the getting-started and downloads website pages.  I’ll also
work on the RELEASE_NOTES.
A reminder that the samples are to be split off into a separate repo post-merge - that’s
still desired, right?  The main motivation was a separate samples source bundle as part of
our overall release.

> Should we remove the Gradle stuff all together? I think right now the project probably
wouldn’t build with the old Gradle as we did change and move around quite some stuff.

Yeah, I’m sure it wouldn’t work :-)  Removing all of the gradle pieces in a single commit
would be great.  Is that better left until after the merge? I think I could go either way.

> Would be super awesome if we had this finished in about 2 weeks as then I would turn
on the distribution of SNAPSHOT versions (ok … as soon as the branch name is “develop”
the Jenkinsfile will automatically do that). I would be needing these SNAPSHOTS for the next
sprint of my PLC library project.

That would be great!  FYI, I’m unavailable Nov 8th - 19th.

What’s the relationship between this new “develop” branch and today’s “master”?
 Is the "distribution of develop SNAPSHOTS" just to the ASF nexus snapshots repo?  So can
creating “develop” and merging to it can be done immediately and then work on the actual
release (including updating master) proceed afterwards?

Thanks!
— Dale