edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shouldn't we only define one groupId per-platform?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 13:22:29 GMT
Chris,

I’ve got everything working in my workspace and I’ll commit it once you verify the switch
is desirable.

(got the distribution stuff working — the include/exclude decls support GAV pattern matching)

— Dale

>> On Oct 17, 2017, at 8:54 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com <mailto:dml.apache@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> FWIW, In my workspace I’ve made the changes to switch to a single groupId-per-platform
and so far I haven’t run into any issues.
>> I’ll report a full conclusion after exercising everything.
>> — Dale
>>
>>> On Oct 17, 2017, at 8:37 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com <mailto:dml.apache@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> Was it just arbitrary or is there an important reason why multiple maven artifact
coordinate groupIds were defined?
>>> e.g., o.a.edgent.providers, o.a.e.connectors, o.a.e.api, etc
>>> Why not just o.a.e, o.a.e.java7, o.a.e.android?
>>>
>>> Browsing nexus (https://repository.apache.org <https://repository.apache.org/>)
for a quick selection of projects (kafka, nifi, beam), I see they only have a single groupId.