edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins Multibranch Pipeline Plugin
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 15:06:03 GMT
Nice.  Seems like DEVELOPMENT.md’s Jenkins chapter should capture this sort of info?

Under what conditions do these Jenkins builds run, nightly, upon new commit...? What happens
when a build fails? (thinking of transient failures)

What's the scoop with our “master” branch and how it's handled?  When/how is “develop”
used?

With our gradle tooling our release process creates a release-x.y.z branch… which is never
removed.
What's the relationship of these release/* branches to that… their role and lifetime?

Thanks,
— Dale

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:43 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> just a little explanation to the „Jenkinsfile“ I added and committed a lot on recently.
> This is sort of the same thing as the .travis.yml but for Jenkins and a lot more powerful.
On the ASF Jenkins I have setup an additional multi-branch pipeline build.
> What this does, is to scan our GIT and for every “develop” or “feature/*” or
“release/*” branch, automatically a Jenkins job is setup to build them.
> So, if you add a new branch “feature/foo” a corresponding build job should be created,
if you delete it, it will be removed. This should make it easy to quality assure any branches.

> There is one difference between the “develop” and all other branches … only develop
deploys to Apaches Maven repo … all the others build in their own maven sandbox.