edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: maven: d3.legend.js mods
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:29:37 GMT
Hi Justin,

the license of the file is still MIT … we didn’t change anything with this. And it is
referenced in the LICENSE file as being MIT licensed. The only thing I don’t quite know,
is if it’s enough to reference the local path to the file in the LICENSE file.

Chris

Am 24.10.17, 11:06 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > having a deeper look into the differences, I decided to just put the original file
back in there.
    > In general, I think it’s a bad idea to include other licensed code and to change
its code. We should avoid things like that in the future.
    > Do we now have to add a part to the NOTICE file of the “servlets” and the “console”
modules to include the d3.legend.js stuff?

    No need to modify NOTICE may ned to be added to LICENSE however. Also while the current
license is Apache, the license of the modified version may not be given it changed 7 months
ago.

    Thanks,
    Justin