edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: maven: d3.legend.js mods
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:51:06 GMT
Hi Dale (taking this back to the list … don’t know why hitting reply so often only makes
me reply to you directly),

I would be more than happy to help out with the release (test drive). I would even suggest
that we could even do this in a shared video session so I could do the release-test-drive
and you could see what I’m doing and I could explain everything and answer questions.
Do you think that would be a good idea?

Chris

Von: Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com>
Datum: Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017 um 15:47
An: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
Betreff: Re: maven: d3.legend.js mods

Excellent, thanks!

I’m redoing the samples/get-edgent-jars stuff (converting it to use the “distribution”
mechanism so as to be able to get the DEPENDENCIES “licensing doc”).

After d3.legend, I think we’re finally at the point of being ready for a pre-merge release
dry-run!  There’s some other user doc related issues (which I'll start to address), but
I don’t think they're holding up a dry-run. Your thoughts?

Related, while you’ve already committed a huge amount of time to this effort, which is greatly
greatly appreciated, I’m going to suggest/ask/beg that you volunteer to be the Release Manager
for this next release so that we can get this out the door as quickly as possible after we
merge.  Having someone who knows how the release process is supposed to go with all of this
new tooling will be invaluable the first time around.  And of course you’ll have the public
recognition of having pushed out an Edgent release, and presumably your project will benefit
from its availability :-)  What do you say?

— Dale

On Oct 16, 2017, at 4:13 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de<mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>>