edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shouldn't we only define one groupId per-platform?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 22:11:26 GMT
Hi Chris,

I convinced myself this just made sense so I committed the changes :-)  I can back them out
if you think groupId-per-platform is a mistake.

With these changes also comes the opportunity to make the j8,j7,android poms more closely
resemble each other and also changes that may lessen the likelihood of copy/paste errors and
such down the road.  I’ve got another batch of changes in my workspace for these that I’ll
likely deliver soon too.  I have a dream that some day there may be some tooling that helps
with managing the duplicate stuff resulting from the duplicate pom structure for each platform
:-)

— Dale

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 9:22 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> I’ve got everything working in my workspace and I’ll commit it once you verify the
switch is desirable.

> (got the distribution stuff working — the include/exclude decls support GAV pattern
matching)

> — Dale
>
>>> On Oct 17, 2017, at 8:54 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com <mailto:dml.apache@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> FWIW, In my workspace I’ve made the changes to switch to a single groupId-per-platform
and so far I haven’t run into any issues.
>>> I’ll report a full conclusion after exercising everything.
>>> — Dale

artifact coordinate groupIds were defined?

for a quick selection of projects (kafka, nifi, beam), I see they only have a single groupId.