edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removal of DEPENDENCIES
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:11:17 GMT
I may have misunderstood the earlier commit - I just looked at the comment.
I think it’s right to omit bundled content from DEPENDENCIES.  I thought the change would
eliminate generation of the file.
So I think we may be all set on this one.

— Dale

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> Well in that case I would suggest that we use the mechanism to show real dependencies.
> With all the “optional” stuff we sort of had dependencies and “what’s included”
all mixed up.
> However, the dependencies are usually modelled in the pom.xml so adding that to a DEPENDENCIES
text is sort of redundant.
> But I’m fine to re-add the DEPENDENCIES.
>
> Chris
>

> Am 04.10.17, 14:50 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:
>
>    Hi Chris,
>
>    While Justin noted that DEPENDENCIES wasn’t required, it’s a standard maven-ism
and I don’t think we should remove it.
>    IMO, there’s definite value to users of one of our jars/war to be able to open it
up and easily see that info.  Don’t you agree?

>    — Dale
>
>> On Oct 4, 2017, at 4:29 AM, Christofer Dutz <notifications@github.com> wrote:
>>
>> @chrisdutz <https://github.com/chrisdutz> pushed 2 commits.
>>
>> 190909e <https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/commit/190909e> - Removed
the "DEPENDENCIES" generation (not needed)