edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: What's left to do for Maven migration?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:59:12 GMT
I did look at Chris’s pull request and don’t see any changes to the file that is formatting
the metrics.

I also looked at the java class that is sending the metrics to the console - that code looks
unchanged as well, so I am at a loss for what did change.
Perhaps some of the underlying java classes the servlets or utility classes accessed changed?

Susan

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 8:02 AM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hmm… I’m not familiar with that code but will take a look.
>
> Susan, any thoughts, including whether or not this sort of difference could account for
the graph not getting rendered but the console page otherwise looking ok?  (reminder this
is pr309 and you can clone Chris’s fork to get all the changes)

> — Dale
>
>> On Sep 18, 2017, at 8:54 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> well I did have a more detailed look at the original (Gradle) version and the maven
version. When running both examples, I could see two requests every 5 seconds. Both of them
are answered by the server. The “jobs” request is answered identically. The difference
seems to be in the “metrics” response:

>> The working version of the Gradle version produces this:
>>
>> {
>>   "jobId": "JOB_0",
>>   "ops": [
>>       {
>>           "opId": "OP_2",
>>           "metrics": [
>>               {
>>                   "type": "counter",
>>                   "name": "Count",
>>                   "value": "219"
>>               }
>>           ]
>>       }
>>   ]
>> }
>>
>> The Maven version however produces this:
>>
>> {
>>   "jobId": "JOB_0",
>>   "ops": [
>>       {
>>           "opId": "OP_2",
>>           "metrics": [
>>               {
>>                   "type": "long",
>>                   "name": "Count",
>>                   "value": "436"
>>               }
>>           ]
>>       }
>>   ]
>> }
>>
>> The difference seems to be that the “type” is “counter” in the working version
and “long” in the not working version. I tried debugging this, but I couldn’t really
understand why this is different.

>> Any ideas what could be wrong? I guess in general things should be working, all we
have to do is fix some final mini-quirks.

.