edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-cvt: console regressions
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 21:14:38 GMT

> On Sep 20, 2017, at 1:32 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> I’m sure that is the reason for this. I did investigate that problem a wile yesterday
and I found out that the MBean the ConsoleMetricsServlet->MetricsUtil (line 105) is using
to generate the output returns “long” instead of “counter” … but I have to admit
that I have no Idea why.

> Will investigate tomorrow ;-)

I found another regression.  The hover on a union oplet incorrectly reports the output tuple
count - it’s not the sum.
It’s demonstrable with the ConsoleWaterDetector sample (suspect caused by the same problem
causing the other regression):

cd samples
mvn package
cd console
./run-samples.sh ConsoleWaterDetector

I did a review of the cleanup changes that had been made to MetricsUtil.java and found one
problem though fixing it didn’t address either of these regressions.  I’m delivering more
cleanup of it.

— Dale