edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-cvt: console regressions
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 11:55:50 GMT
The problem was introduced here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-edgent/pull/309/commits/78a3e6fdc935993a5c0445e16e732ae25bbc6b52
obj.opId was set correctly on line 52 (from op.opId).  After the change the value (now from
met.opId) I believe ended up being null which subsequently messed up other processing.  Why
the original no-op assignment was there… who knows?  :-)

— Dale

> On Sep 21, 2017, at 7:52 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> could you please sum up what the problem was? I did see you simplifying some of the code,
but couldn’t pin-point the individual change that fixed things.

> Chris
>

> Am 20.09.17, 23:56 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:
>
>    I just delivered the fix for the two regressions.  See its comment for details.
>    I think we can claim the console is operational again!
>
>    — Dale
>
>> On Sep 20, 2017, at 5:14 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 20, 2017, at 1:32 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:
>>> I’m sure that is the reason for this. I did investigate that problem a wile
yesterday and I found out that the MBean the ConsoleMetricsServlet->MetricsUtil (line 105)
is using to generate the output returns “long” instead of “counter” … but I have
to admit that I have no Idea why.

>>> Will investigate tomorrow ;-)
>>
>> I found another regression.  The hover on a union oplet incorrectly reports the output
tuple count - it’s not the sum.
>> It’s demonstrable with the ConsoleWaterDetector sample (suspect caused by the same
problem causing the other regression):

>> cd samples
>> mvn package
>> cd console
>> ./run-samples.sh ConsoleWaterDetector
>>
>> I did a review of the cleanup changes that had been made to MetricsUtil.java and
found one problem though fixing it didn’t address either of these regressions.  I’m delivering
more cleanup of it.