edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Jenkins Multibranch Pipeline Plugin
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 05:43:39 GMT
Hi all,

just a little explanation to the „Jenkinsfile“ I added and committed a lot on recently.
This is sort of the same thing as the .travis.yml but for Jenkins and a lot more powerful.
On the ASF Jenkins I have setup an additional multi-branch pipeline build.
What this does, is to scan our GIT and for every “develop” or “feature/*” or “release/*”
branch, automatically a Jenkins job is setup to build them.
So, if you add a new branch “feature/foo” a corresponding build job should be created,
if you delete it, it will be removed. This should make it easy to quality assure any branches.

There is one difference between the “develop” and all other branches … only develop
deploys to Apaches Maven repo … all the others build in their own maven sandbox.

Chris