edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject maven: war LICENSE file
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 17:31:55 GMT
Chris, while the enhancement to make the war’s WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES complete
with info for bundled external jars is great, I believe the war’s LICENSE still needs to
have that info too… or more sensibly the LICENSE needs to include a reference to that info.
 Don’t shoot the messenger! :-)

Perhaps something like that below...

Note in the past it was suggested/required? that actual copies of the bundled external component
licenses needed to be captured/included.  Hence all the various license copies stuff in binary-licenses,
since deleted in the feature/maven branch, and how binary-release/LICENSE referenced it.

The WAR’s license already wasn’t accurate (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-418)
but we should make sure we can make it right now… within the context of new feature/maven
tooling.

WAR’s   …/META-INF/LICENSE
<std ALv2 stuff> ...
APACHE EDGENT SUBCOMPONENTS:

This Apache Edgent binary includes a number of subcomponents with
separate copyright notices and license terms.  Your use of this binary
is subject to the terms and conditions of the external component licenses
documented in the DEPENDENCIES file in this folder.