edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: maven-cvt: jar/war LICENSE/NOTICE files
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:04:33 GMT
So right now, we would have two options:
1) “The easy way”: We add a NOTICE file to every IBM provided artifact (did that)
2) “The cool way”: We create a remote-resource-bundle and release that containing the
incubator and IBM contrib parts. Then I add a maven profile that uses that artifact instead
of the incubator resources if a property is set. Then I add that property to all IBM modules.

The cool way would require us to officially create and release a separate maven artifact.
On the one hand, it would be cool to demonstrate how maven releases work, but it would require
some activity by all (At least the voting). Right now, I implemented option 1 but would switch
to option 2 if you all agree and we have the resource bundle released.

The META-INF resources currently being added are the ones suggested. That might be more than
required, but I doubt it’s a bad thing to do more than the minimum ;-)

Chris