edgent-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: What's left to do for Maven migration?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 17:32:03 GMT
Hi Dale,

I’m sure that is the reason for this. I did investigate that problem a wile yesterday and
I found out that the MBean the ConsoleMetricsServlet->MetricsUtil (line 105) is using to
generate the output returns “long” instead of “counter” … but I have to admit that
I have no Idea why.

Will investigate tomorrow ;-)

Chris



Am 20.09.17, 18:33 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    
    > On Sep 20, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
    > 
    > Yay, we have graphs!
    > 
    > In briefly playing with the console I noticed a number of things that I’ll have
to investigate to verify they’re not regressions (others chime in if you know them to be
present on the master branch):
    > 
    > - The Pause Graph button does pause graph info update (e.g., metrics on hovers),
however the metrics charts continue to update.
    > - Hover on a Counter or StreamScope oplet doesn’t report streams or tuples info
like on “normal” oplets.  However that info for them is cleanly visible in the All Oplet
Properties table
    > - The All Oplet Properties table doesn’t refresh.  There’s a Pause refresh button
on it that doesn’t yield any observable behavior.
    
    Those behaviors are the same / no regression  :-/
    
    But here’s a regression:
    
    When you hover on a stream, in 1.1.0 the bottom of the hover reports a tuple count.  On
the maven branch the bottom of the hover reports “No value - counter not present”
    
    That’s emitted by index.js/1164/renderGraph based on d.derived being true.  Not yet
sure how that comes to be.  Chris, maybe related to your earlier observation:
    
    The working version of the Gradle version produces this:
    
    {
       "jobId": "JOB_0",
       "ops": [
           {
               "opId": "OP_2",
               "metrics": [
                   {
                       "type": "counter",
                       "name": "Count",
                       "value": "219"
                   }
               ]
           }
       ]
    }
    
    The Maven version however produces this:
    
    {
       "jobId": "JOB_0",
       "ops": [
           {
               "opId": "OP_2",
               "metrics": [
                   {
                       "type": "long",
                       "name": "Count",
                       "value": "436"
                   }
               ]
           }
       ]
    }
    > 
    
    
    
    

Mime
View raw message