edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-cvt: console regressions
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 21:56:41 GMT
I just delivered the fix for the two regressions.  See its comment for details.
I think we can claim the console is operational again!

— Dale

> On Sep 20, 2017, at 5:14 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 20, 2017, at 1:32 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>> I’m sure that is the reason for this. I did investigate that problem a wile yesterday
and I found out that the MBean the ConsoleMetricsServlet->MetricsUtil (line 105) is using
to generate the output returns “long” instead of “counter” … but I have to admit
that I have no Idea why.

>> Will investigate tomorrow ;-)
>
> I found another regression.  The hover on a union oplet incorrectly reports the output
tuple count - it’s not the sum.
> It’s demonstrable with the ConsoleWaterDetector sample (suspect caused by the same
problem causing the other regression):

> cd samples
> mvn package
> cd console
> ./run-samples.sh ConsoleWaterDetector
>
> I did a review of the cleanup changes that had been made to MetricsUtil.java and found
one problem though fixing it didn’t address either of these regressions.  I’m delivering
more cleanup of it.