edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: maven-cvt: console regressions
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:52:52 GMT
Hi Dale,

could you please sum up what the problem was? I did see you simplifying some of the code,
but couldn’t pin-point the individual change that fixed things.

Chris

Am 20.09.17, 23:56 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dml.apache@gmail.com>:

    I just delivered the fix for the two regressions.  See its comment for details.
    I think we can claim the console is operational again!

    — Dale

    > On Sep 20, 2017, at 5:14 PM, Dale LaBossiere <dml.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >> On Sep 20, 2017, at 1:32 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:
    >> I’m sure that is the reason for this. I did investigate that problem a wile
yesterday and I found out that the MBean the ConsoleMetricsServlet->MetricsUtil (line 105)
is using to generate the output returns “long” instead of “counter” … but I have
to admit that I have no Idea why.

    >> Will investigate tomorrow ;-)
    >
    > I found another regression.  The hover on a union oplet incorrectly reports the output
tuple count - it’s not the sum.
    > It’s demonstrable with the ConsoleWaterDetector sample (suspect caused by the same
problem causing the other regression):

    > cd samples
    > mvn package
    > cd console
    > ./run-samples.sh ConsoleWaterDetector
    >
    > I did a review of the cleanup changes that had been made to MetricsUtil.java and
found one problem though fixing it didn’t address either of these regressions.  I’m delivering
more cleanup of it.