edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject LICENSE/NOTICE, etc of binary bundle from "-Pdistribution"?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:25:02 GMT
I pulled the latest pr309 changes and generated a binary bundle using “mvn package -Pdistribution”.
 I see the external dependencies are now present in an ext directory in the bundle. Yay! :-)

Clarification for others, the generated zip/tarball will NOT be released by the ASF.  This
bundle is something that users can build for themselves for certain use cases.  With that
in mind...

There’s a LICENSE and NOTICE file present in the bundle.  Right now the content of each
is for a released “source bundle” context - i.e. no mention of any of the bundled external
deps content.

Can we simply exclude these inaccurate files?  I assume we can since this isn’t a released
artifact.  Mentor input helpful here.  Note, each bundled Edgent jar has its own LICENSE/NOTICE
in its manifest.

Chris, other more straightforward bundle content issues:
- the WAR for the edgent console isn’t present
- the README that’s included really has no relavance in this bundle as it’s specific for
a source bundle.  It should be excluded.
- DEVELOPMENT.md - ditto
- KEYS - ditto
- any need / value in keeping CONTRIBUTORS, JAVA_SUPPORT.md, or even README.md of RELEASE_NOTES
for that matter?

— Dale