edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Fwd: ASF student collaboration program
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:05:15 GMT
FYI, Edgent community. I saw this on the community development list. I wanted to make you aware
of this initiative. It might be a good opportunity to expand the community.

It looks like much less commitment than GSOC, sort of mentor the mentor.

Best,

Katherine

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Antón R. Yuste" <anton@galiglobal.com>
> Date: September 21, 2017 at 9:07:46 AM CDT
> To: dev@community.apache.org
> Subject: ASF student collaboration program
>
> Hi all,
>
> We (the VigoJUG) are running a collaboration program (pro bono work) with the University
of Vigo (Spain) to introduce students to Open Source projects as part of the end of their
studies. It's the equivalent to two full signatures. The idea is to do a proof of concept
with two students this year and open it to more of them in the following courses if it's a
success.

> We would like to choose some of the ASF projects and we know the ASF has been involved
in a few student programs, mostly Google
> Summer of Code but also a few others directly with universities. So we would like to
know more about it if it makes sense in our case.