edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's left to do for Maven migration?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:02:46 GMT
Hmm… I’m not familiar with that code but will take a look.

Susan, any thoughts, including whether or not this sort of difference could account for the
graph not getting rendered but the console page otherwise looking ok?  (reminder this is pr309
and you can clone Chris’s fork to get all the changes)

— Dale

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 8:54 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> well I did have a more detailed look at the original (Gradle) version and the maven version.
When running both examples, I could see two requests every 5 seconds. Both of them are answered
by the server. The “jobs” request is answered identically. The difference seems to be
in the “metrics” response:

> The working version of the Gradle version produces this:
>
> {
>    "jobId": "JOB_0",
>    "ops": [
>        {
>            "opId": "OP_2",
>            "metrics": [
>                {
>                    "type": "counter",
>                    "name": "Count",
>                    "value": "219"
>                }
>            ]
>        }
>    ]
> }
>
> The Maven version however produces this:
>
> {
>    "jobId": "JOB_0",
>    "ops": [
>        {
>            "opId": "OP_2",
>            "metrics": [
>                {
>                    "type": "long",
>                    "name": "Count",
>                    "value": "436"
>                }
>            ]
>        }
>    ]
> }
>
> The difference seems to be that the “type” is “counter” in the working version
and “long” in the not working version. I tried debugging this, but I couldn’t really
understand why this is different.

> Any ideas what could be wrong? I guess in general things should be working, all we have
to do is fix some final mini-quirks.