edgent-dev mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dml.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: servlets.war in distribution bundle?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:46:25 GMT
Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.

Followup questions:
I, perhaps naively, liked the fact the edgent-console-server.jar used to be in the libs folder
with the rest of the edgent jars.
What’s the motivation for it and the war being in a separate console folder?
Does it make sense to move server.jar back?

— Dale

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 12:34 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> Well the reason for double including it, is just that if you want to deploy it separately,
you can run the servlets.jar in any Servlet engine, the Server.jar is just a convenience wrapper
to start it without an existing servlet engine.